I. Information We Collect and How We Collect it
A. Information Collected
We collect information you provide directly to us when you download, register with, or otherwise use the Service as a shipper, motor carrier, driver, or otherwise. For example, we collect information when you register to use the Service as a shipper, motor carrier, or driver, log into your Amil Freight account, and request customer support.
When you use the Services, we also collect information about shipment requests and how they are fulfilled. With respect to shippers, such information may include but is not limited to shipment information related to a request for transportation services, such as the date and time of your request, requested pick-up and delivery dates, origin and destination addresses, a and a description of the cargo being transported. As to motor carriers, such information may include such information may also include but is not limited to motor carrier authority information (e.g., federal or state motor carrier numbers) and documentation (e.g., certificates of insurance, motor carrier authority permits or certificates, and safety-related documents) and information about acceptance and fulfillment of shipment requests, including driver and equipment information. With respect to drivers associated with motor carriers, such information may include but is not limited to your location, and delivery documents and files you upload to the Service as further described below.
i. Location Information
Providing the Service to our users requires the collection of precise location information. When you download and use the App, we will ask for permission to access your precise location. If you grant the Applications permission to access your location through the permission system used by your mobile operating system, we will collect the precise location of your device. We use this information for various purposes, including but not limited to, tracking the delivery of shipments by motor carriers, and to understanding usage patterns (e.g. the geographic regions in which a user most often picks up and drops off shipments, or travel through when making deliveries) to offer motor carriers shipments that are more likely to be relevant to them and their drivers. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address or phone number. We may also receive information about your location from third parties, such as the shippers and motor carriers involved in fulfilling any shipment request. We may also receive information about your location through an electronic logging device which may be attached to your truck.
ii. Documents and Photos
Our Service may ask you to photograph and/or upload to the Service certain documents related to the fulfillment of a shipment request, such as certificates of insurance and other legal documents, bills of lading, and proofs of delivery. You may also be able to or required to upload pictures of cargo that you transport. To do this, our App will request access to the camera on your device via the permission system used by your mobile operating system.
When you access or use the Service, we also automatically collect information about you, including:
Usage Information:We collect log information about your use of the Service, including the type of browser or App version you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Service.
Device Information:We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device and app identifiers, and mobile network information.
The information we collect may include information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, company name, postal address, email address, phone number, payment information, insurance information, and service ratings and reviews (“Personal Information”). You acknowledge that your access and use of certain portions of the Service is conditioned on your provision of such Personal Information. You may decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service.
B. How We Collect Information
We collect information from and about you directly from you when you provide it to us, and automatically when you use the Service (including the App). The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
ii. Web Beacons
Pages of the Site, App, and communications from us may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to, for example, deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly. These third parties include, but are not limited to, verification services (for instance, to confirm your insurance or regulatory compliance status), credit bureaus, and publicly available sources.
II. How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect about you, including any Personal Information, to:
- Operate, maintain, provide and improve our Service;
- Process registration with the Service and open, maintain, and close accounts;
- Provide you with information, communications, etc. relevant to your use of the Service;
- Contact you (via, for example, voice call or text messages) about current shipments as well as shipment opportunities;
- Notify you when the App or other Service updates are available, of changes to products or services we offer or provide though the Service, and to send you other notices, updates, and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Improve, expand, and troubleshoot the Service;
- Monitor and analyze Service trends, usage, and activities;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
- Provide customized content and information, including advertisements and features that match user profiles or interests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, opportunities, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Amil Freight and others;
- Provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Use for internal business purposes;
- Enforce the Terms and Conditions or any other agreement between you and Amil Freight;
- Conduct billing and collection; and
III. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Depending on how you use our Service, we may disclose to third parties information we collect from you or that you provide, including Personal Information:
- To other users of the Service as necessary to facilitate the services. For example, certain information about a motor carrier and a driver associated therewith (e.g. motor carrier and driver names, equipment information, location information, and contact information) may be disclosed to a shipper whose load the motor carrier has agreed to transport (and vice versa) as necessary to facilitate the provision and completion of that transportation; If you submit feedback regarding other users, such shipper, motor carrier, or driver ratings and reviews, such feedback may be shared with other users of our Service.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Amil Freight’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Amil Freight about our Service users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- If required to do so to comply with any court order, law or legal process (including to respond to any government or regulatory request), or in the good-faith belief that such disclosure is so required;
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including any Terms and Conditions, and for billing and collection; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Amil Freight, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, for business purposes without restriction. We do not sell, share, rent or trade Personal Information we have collected about you. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you consent to such sharing at the time you provide your Personal Information.
You hereby assign to Amil Freight all rights in any feedback, suggestions, reports of system errors, and other information or ideas regarding the Service you provide to Amil Freight (“Feedback”) and agree that Amil Freight shall have the right to use such Feedback and related information in any manner it deems appropriate. Without limiting the foregoing, this assignment of rights applies to any testimonials you provide, and you hereby also grant us the right to use your name in connection with sharing such testimonials with the public. We will treat any Feedback you provide to us as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to us any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
IV. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the login credentials we have given you (or you have chosen) to access to certain parts of the Service. Do not to share your password with anyone, and we urge you to be careful about giving out information in any public areas of the Site or App. Any information you include in a publicly accessible area of the Service will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users of the Service.
You also agree and are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information of any other user of the Service that you receive from us (or otherwise obtain) for purposes of facilitating the services you provide or receive using the Service.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through our Service. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
V. INTERNATIONAL USE
The Service is hosted in the United States. If you use the Service from a region other than the United States, you acknowledge that you are transferring your Personal Information from that region to the United States for storage and processing. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
VI. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Service is not directed to or intended for use by individuals under the age of eighteen (18). We do not knowingly collect, keep or maintain personal information from individuals under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you may not access or use the Service. If you are aware of any use of the Service by an individual under the age of eighteen (18), please inform us immediately so that we can terminate such usage.
VII. CONTACT US